Monday, March 30, 2020

Boring Weather, Boring Times...

With many of us staying locked down at home, it's hard to stay creative with what to do.   I decided to give ironing a try.  After all, how hard can it be to iron slacks or shirts?   Well, let me tell you, it's harder than I thought.    Seems each fabric has a certain iron (heat) setting.   After many trials & errors, I got pretty good as I whipped through 10 shirts and 3 pairs of slacks.   Been washing clothes too, but tomorrow I'm back in my yard!  I'm gonna stick to what I know!



The weather nation-wide hasn't been boring as more storms are expected to develop along a warm front just to our north.   We need some rain here and might get a few showers as a real cold front sweeps through early on Tuesday.  You can see where the storms are expected.


As the warm front lifts to the north and east, a cold front will follow from the NW with 50s & 60s behind the front in OKC & DFW.   Wednesday, Thursday into Friday should just be delightful with lows dipping into the 40s on the North Shore and 50s south of the Lake.  But alas, it won't last as humidity returns along with the heat over the weekend.


The pattern for much of the last 3 months has the East & South with above normal warmth while the West has seen below normal coolness.  There will be a brief shift for this week, but it doesn't look like it will last.   My concern now shifts to the rising Mississippi, which is now forecasted to crest near 17 feet 2 weeks from today.  If more heavy rains keep falling to our north, the Corps of Engineers will likely increase that crest which MIGHT trigger the opening of the Spillway once again.  That certainly would be terrible news for our oyster industry and the fishing industry.  Geez, it seems we have nothing but crisis after crisis whether it's health or weather.  Stay tuned!

No comments: