Saturday, May 2, 2020

Do You Remember?

Since we still are under a stay at home order, I was back in in the attic going through old scrapbooks from my past and I came across some familiar faces from years ago.  See if you recognize them.


 
The top photo is from left to right, the Late John Walton, me, Hoda Kotb &
Steve Johnson from the mid 80s, the middle is Hoda, a Young Jim Henderson, a young me, &
a young Susan Roesgen. with the bottom. Hoda, Michelle Miller & me.   Susasn went to CNN but came back while Hoda has soared to stardom with NBC & Michelle is the weekend morning anchor at CBS News in New York.    Add in World Series hero Ron Swoboda and I've been around some really famous people. I consider my career a lucky one.




Our great feeling air is about to leave as you can see the clouds streets back across SW LA and the lower Texas coast signaling the return of the Gulf muggies.  Unlike the previous couple of week where the storm track brought the bad weather over the Gulf South, this week should see that threat moved farther to the north.



SPC has the bullseye for greatest severe weather much farther to the north on Monday and you can see how the clouds streak in from northern California across Colorado towards the Ohio Valley.   We'll get almost hot for Sunday through Tuesday before another cold front sweeps through on Wednesday
. Computer models are bringing back the east coast trough that should keep the fronts coming well into mid May.  Just remember, the higher daily sun angle means we're done with the really cold air.  However, the fronts will keep bringing drier air masses that allow night time lows to get comfy cool.  I'm out in my backyard tonight trying to enjoy that feel, because we know what's coming around the corner.  Stay home, stay healthy & stay tuned!

No comments: