Thursday, September 30, 2021

Rainy Pattern Getting Old, No Front Until Next Week...

Many of us are eagerly awaiting our next real cold front, one that will require sweaters and jackets as it sweeps away the humidity.  Unfortunately, I don't see that happening until the upper pattern changes.  Right now, we have a trough over the Rockies spinning out several upper disturbances keeping us on the wetter side.





That means we stay in the soupy air with dew points well into the 70s.  A weak front may stagger through late Monday bringing us some drier air for next week.



It's hard to say what day will see more showers and until a front pushes through, keep the rain gear handy.





The clouds and showers have kept temperatures mainly in the 70s to lower 80s so it's not like we're dealing with the heat of August.  October looks to begin on a warm note with the real cooling not arriving until after the 15th.





The Tropics remain active way out in the Atlantic with Sam still a major Cat. 4 and Victor churning off of Africa.  Fortunately, none of the models develop anything in the Gulf and Caribbean for the next 10-14 days.  We're down to 2 months left in the season, but remember by November, any storms are steered far to our east.  Finally, one month ago yesterday, Hurricane toppled my biggest tree (40+') destroying my backyard and crushing my fence.  Today I am back whole once again.





These are the pictures after the storm showing the damage.  Here's my yard today.





Many thanks to Nick's Lawn & Garden service with expert advise from Lyndsay as I realize I've suffered fair less damage than my friends to my west..  They will endure many months trying to get their life and property back to normal.  Hang in there Gang and stay strong.  Stay tuned!





No comments: