Saturday, November 26, 2022

We Switch From Watching Tropics To Watching Pole...

We are many weeks removed from worrying about tropical threats and our focus now shifts to the Arctic cold air threats and will we see snow?  For that to happen, we have to have an upper level trough over the Great Lakes digging down into the Southeast.  This week the upper trough is over the western states.




That means the coldest air will not crash down into the lower 48 next week.  In fact, the 15-20 degrees below zero up there is what they should be.  I worry when I see minus 40-50 forming over Alaska & near the Arctic circle.  That catches my attention when we get deeper into December and January.





Today's weather maker is an upper low moving into Oklahoma.  We saw an afternoon of soakers across most of the Gulf South.





Clearing skies are approaching from the west and Sunday should see sunshine return.  There is no really cold air behind this cold front and we'll stay mild to warm well into next week.




Radar shows most of the rain is pulling eastward and will end shortly just as the 2022 Hurricane Season ends this Wednesday.




And on that note I'll end for tonight feeling happy (Michigan crushes Buckeyes!) because my football teams are winning.  Go LSU & Who Dat tomorrow!  Stay tuned!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog, Bob, & always point my family and friends here when the national news is hyping up the Chicken Little drama. I also count on you to know when to actually take action to protect my property and person.

& while I respect everyone's right to an opinion, and understand yours is more authoritative than most, due to your education and training, I wish you'd take Climate Change more seriously as a factor in increasingly severe weather events. As this NPR article talks about, you and your peers have the ear of the common man far more than the scientists.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/23/1136809782/climate-change-is-making-the-weather-more-severe-why-dont-most-forecasts-mention