Sunday, November 26, 2023

Welcome Back from The Holiday, Get Ready To Get Chilly

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family.   I spent my time in the Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond enjoying family & not so much the cold.   Their "Christmas in the Oaks" is at their wonderful zoo where we did the drive through before talking the walking tour.   I begin with my grandson Ethan on the Santa sleigh.  Note how bundled up the little fella is, not Ethan, but me!






After I read him a book on my final night, he said, "Pops, I wish you and BeBe lived closer."  It broke my heart as I knew I had to come home.   Thank goodness we have Portal/FaceTime.






The top satellite view shows the snow on the ground just north of OKC.  The upper pattern has shifted with the trough over the Great Lakes bringing the coldest air of this Fall season into the lower 48.  The core of the cold will stay to our north and east, but parts of the North Shore could approach freezing Tuesday & Wednesday mornings depending on cloud cover.



The lower cloud deck has left us, but some high, thin cirrus will make for filtered sunshine tomorrow. Highs today approached 70, but it'll be back to coats & sweaters for the next 3 days.





While I was on the plane leaving the terminal at OKC, the pilot got on and said we will have a slight delay so the ground crew can de-ice the plane!  I knew I had to come home!  Stay tuned!




No comments: