Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Shocking Article In Forbes Magazine...

Going back through newspapers while I was out of town last week found almost daily articles about Climate Change.   So I was totally shocked when my oldest son Rob (editor of this blog) put me on to an article in Forbes Magazine from Nov. 25, 2019. The author is a journalist (Michael Shellenberger) who writes about energy and the environment.  Over the next few days I will be picking out several quotes/facts that I believe worthy of discussion.  But before I do, Google the author and his article..."Why Apocalyptic Claims About Climate Change Are Wrong".    Latest Climate Change Victims...Koala Bears!  I'll have more comments in future posts.

Weather-wise we are in a lull as Wednesday will be another pretty day after a chilly start.  Some return flow is developing off of south Texas and we'll start to see more clouds on Thursday & Friday.

You can see the warm up coming as parts of the Rio Grande reached near 80.  A weak front will approach on Friday with some showers, but the cool down behind it will not be drastic.


The real Arctic chill is building over northern Canada where temps are 20-25 degrees below zero .  Models are hinting our next freeze opportunity will come NEXT week as a big storm off of California heads across the lower 48.
I'm seeing some really chilly air arriving well before Christmas that should have us all feeling the Christmas Spirit.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Breck, I came across a speech delivered by the author Michael Crichton to Caltech in 2003. Thought you’d find it interesting. Here’s the link
https://stephenschneider.stanford.edu/Publications/PDF_Papers/Crichton2003.pdf

J Wheeler said...

Thank you Bob for pointing this out. It is refreshing to hear that we might not be wiped out in 12 years. Can you comment on the history of climate changes even before man was even capable of effecting it?