Friday, March 5, 2021

Fast Moving Rain System leaves Us a Dry Weekend...

The past 2 days have been so nice with lots of sunshine and mild to warm temperatures.   A fast moving upper system has increased clouds this afternoon and will bring us some rain after dark.



After golf today, I visited my friend Pete Perino to buy some flowers to brighten up my yard after the freeze.  I wanted to get the plants into the ground before tonight's rainfall.   This system will quickly pass by us later tonight with clearing skies and comfy cool temperatures hanging around this weekend.





Notice there is very little cool air following this cold front.   When you see 60s all the way up into Montana, you know this has to be a Pacific origin front.  Only the Northeast remains in Winter-like chill.

Looking ahead to next week, I see a dramatic warm up with highs topping 80+ by the end of the week.


The next 5 days will see comfy cool nights with pleasant days before the late week warm up arrives.  This will be a great weekend to get out and do some gardening after the freeze.  Don't go too crazy on trimming back what appears to be dead plants.    I wacked back the top 2/3 of my shrimp plants, but will wait/hope to see if they sprout from the lower branches.  Egad, I love Springtime when Mother Nature gives life before the dreadful heat of Summer.  Enjoy & stay tuned!


2 comments:

Marilyn said...

What are you planting?

Terry G. said...

Start at very top and take a VERY little. As soon as you see some green.....STOP! It's gonna make it!!