Sunday, July 23, 2023

I Saw You Last Night And Got That Old Feeling!!!

When it started to storm last night and I saw the rain pouring down, i couldn't wait for it to end so i could go outside.  It reminded me of the Rod Stewart classic "That old Feeling".  I saw you (The Rain) last night and got that old feeling, when you came in sight I got that old feeling.  The moment you danced by (the wind), I felt a thrill (coolness) & when you caught my eye (rain ending), my heart stood still!"   See what the heat will do to you! Any cooling and it's a big thrill.  We had another thrill this morning with another round of rain.  Let's begin with last night's storms.





The top radar view was the line of storms moving down from the north that dumped 1.23" at my home in Metairie.  The next 3 views are from this morning when the storms moved in west to east.  I received another . 75" giving me a 2 day total of 1.98".  But it's the cool feeling that was great!






The clouds and rain really make a difference as the LA. coast has been drenched this PM with temps in the 70s while the rest of us are back to 90+.  Note the dew points are in the 60s north of Lake P. and MSY even briefly fell to 71 this AM.  There is a lot of dry air aloft that has caped storms from firing off during daytime heating this afternoon.



A complex boundary has sagged down over the northern Gulf and NWS indicates an upper low might form along it and move to the west later this week.  The Tropics looked like they would get active, but that is not happening.





Don is down to a Tropical Storm and should be downgraded further tomorrow.  95 L remains disorganized and NHC lowered chances for development to 40%.  Models are indicating the system coming off Africa might have some potential for NEXT weekend, but that's too far away to think about.  This coming weekend (July 27-29) is the Grand Isle Tarpon Rodeo weekend.  I'll be down there to fish and MC the awards ceremony on Saturday night.  This year we're offering cash prize opportunities to those who register.  You don't even have to fish to win!  I could be calling your name as the grand prize ($10,000) winner IF you register.  Go to www.tarponrodeo.org.




Yesterday I mentioned the heat agenda that is being pushed down our throats.  Yes, parts of the West are seeing record setting new highs under that upper heat dome.  But look at the eastern half of the nation.  60s & 70s over the Great Lake states  That even seems cool for summertime?  Just don't believe everything you see on TV.  Remember, many a newsroom used to have the motto, "never let facts get in the way of a good story"!


Finally, as I have mentioned in the past, the 7 day during the summer is fairly useless.  Sure it will be hot and there could be some spotty showers/storms.  Is that helpful?   Stay tuned!

No comments: